Monday 23 November 2015

In a Vase on Monday. 23/11/15





Sunday's glorious weather gave me the opportunity to finally complete my bulb and wallflower planting for this year.

While enjoying the sunshine I collected a few flowers for today's In a Vase on Monday.


The Worcestershire Weeping Standard Rose has taken on a new lease of life and started flowering again and...


...joining it in the vase are the annuals, Calendula officials and Centaurea cyanus ‘Blue Boy.'
The foliage is provided by Erica arb. 'Albert's Gold', I do like its acid green colour, along with fallen leaves from the Liquidamber slyraciflua 'Stella'.
I have added some pine cones, from our neighbours trees, that came down in the recent gale 'Barney'.


The Worcestershire Rose.


Please visit Cathy at Rambling in the Garden Here to see what other bloggers have In a Vase on Monday.

Please click on any photo to create a slide show.

16 comments:

  1. I love yellow roses and this is a beauty...works well with the autumn foliage the bright green foliage and so many other flowers. Beautiful arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a local rose, Brian - and a pretty one too. Your Blue Boy is doing well to be still be flowering - I have seedlings of this along with the Black Ball I grew this year and a pink one too. The leaves and pine cones make an appropriate backdrop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, when I discovered there was a Worcestershire Rose, it was a must have.

      Delete
  3. Yellow is my favorite color but I think I'd love this rose even if it were not. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your planting done. I must try to follow your example. The rose is lovely and I love the striking color of ‘Blue Boy.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has played havoc with my planting plans but that is gardening!

      Delete
  5. Such a cheerful vase - the Worcestershire rose is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely arrangement Brian. The Erica is a real eye- catcher and the amber leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. We have one of the Erica either side of the entrance to the green and white garden, their colour is I think quite striking.

      Delete
  7. The leaves were needed just to prove it isn't summer. Will this prove to be an usual year that we shall remember in the future? Our arrangements will surely stand testimony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will definitely be remembered for the mild autumn.

      Delete
  8. A pretty arrangement and a lovely rose. I envy you having got all your tulips in, I' m just off out to finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday was predicted to be dry, so the day was dedicated to bulb and wallflower planting.

      Delete

To select a comment profile please click on 'Comment as'.You don't need a blog to comment select Name/URL and enter your name. All comments are welcome, they are however modulated for spam.